LAST UPDATED July 31, 2016
You can count on us to protect the privacy of the information you have entrusted to us and to provide you with the responsive, professional service you deserve.
Our Pledge to You
We recognize that the trust of our clients is our most precious asset. Fabrix is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and security of personal information regarding our clients. Keeping client information secure, and using it only as our clients want us to, are matters of principle for all of us at Fabrix. With this in mind, here is our pledge to each and every Fabrix, Inc. client and user of any Fabrix, Inc. website:
- Respect the trust you place in us and the confidential nature of the information you provide through your financial relationship with us;
- Except as you may otherwise expressly approve, limit the collection and use of client and user information to what we believe would be useful to service your accounts, administer our business, or tell you about our services;
- Restrict employee access to client and user information to those who need to know in order to provide services to you;
- Educate our employees to reinforce the importance of confidentiality and client and user privacy;
- Maintain appropriate security standards and procedures to protect information about you; and
- Respond quickly to your request to correct inaccurate information.
How and Why We Gather Information
Fabrix does not sell personal information about its clients or users to anyone.
We collect information from you that is required to open an account, to transact business, to communicate with you, verify your identity and fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. We call this your “Profile.” From time to time, we may request additional information (e.g., through surveys) to help us further assess your needs and preferences.
Types of Information We Collect
The information we collect and maintain about you comes primarily from you during the course of your doing business with Fabrix, Inc. This personal information, not available publicly, comes from the following sources:
- Information you provide to us when you fill out account opening documents, complete a form or make a request for services, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address and similar information;
- Information from your transactions with us, such as your account balance and account usage.
How We Protect Your Information
Fabrix considers the protection of sensitive information to be a foundation of client trust.
Keeping Information Safe
We limit access to the information we have about you to those employees who need to know to provide you with services to help you meet your financial needs. In keeping with industry standards and practices, we maintain appropriate physical, electronic and procedural safeguards and controls to protect your information.
We have invested in software, systems and procedures to offer you a safe and secure trading environment and protect your personal, financial and trading information. While no security system is absolutely impenetrable, we plan to constantly review, refine and upgrade our security technology as new tools become available.
The Importance of Being Accurate
We have security standards and procedures in place designed to prevent unauthorized access to your accounts and personal information. A key part of this process helps ensure that all information we have about you is accurate and up-to-date. If you ever discover inaccuracies in our data or if your personal information changes, we urge you to notify us immediately.
We only use your information as appropriate to provide you with quality services and to ensure security. For example, we may use the information collected from you to verify your identity and contact information. We may also use this information to establish and set up your trading account, issue an account number, and maintain your trading information. This information helps us improve our services to you.
An Ongoing Commitment to Your Privacy
We are just as committed to protecting the privacy of our former clients as we are our current clients. If you choose to become an inactive client, you will continue to be protected by the privacy policies and principles described in this policy. Should you close your account with us, Fabrix, Inc. will retain your information, but only use it to comply with regulatory requirements.
How Information Helps Both You and Us
Our mission is clear: to help you reach your financial goals. Information about you and your accounts plays a key role in our ability to succeed in this mission. It also helps us service your accounts and administer our business. For example, we use information about you to:
- Respond more accurately and efficiently to your requests;
- Identify opportunities to give you more convenience and control by developing new services that may benefit you; and
- Secure your accounts and help protect you and Fabrix, Inc. from fraud.
Sharing Your Information with Unaffiliated Third Parties
We Limit the Sharing of Information
To protect your privacy, we limit the sharing of information outside Fabrix. We conduct our business with great respect for the confidential nature of the information being provided. We will not share information about you except as outlined below.
- Where such disclosure is required or appropriate pursuant to laws.
- To help us improve our services to you, we may engage another business to help us to carry out certain internal functions such as account processing, client services or other data collection relevant to our business. Use of the information shared is strictly limited to the performance of the task we request and for no other purpose.
Fabrix, Inc. may share information with affiliates if the information is required to provide the services you requested. An affiliate is a company that we own or control, or with which there is common ownership with us.
As noted above, Fabrix, Inc. also reserves the right to disclose your personal information where required by law to regulatory, law enforcement or other government authorities. We may also disclose your information as necessary to credit reporting or collection agencies, or when necessary to protect our rights or property.
Reviewing, Changing or Correcting Information
Privacy and the Internet
The following additional information will be of interest to you if you access Fabrix and/or one of its affiliates products or services through one or more of our websites:
- Users of Fabrix, Inc. websites are required to identify and authenticate themselves prior to accessing our services. Generally, identification and authentication take place through the use of your user name and a password and/or while logging in with one of our Technical Support Staff.
- The private Fabrix, Inc. websites are built upon a secure infrastructure with multiple layers of protection, including proper physical security of our equipment to system intrusion detection capabilities. Within such private sites, we use industry standard encryption technologies to safeguard your information.
- Security is a cooperative effort between us and the users of our websites. Please remember that your user identification and password are personal to you and should not be made available to any other person. Also, you should discontinue their use and notify us if you have any reason to suspect that someone else may be using them.
- Web surfing data (e.g., information regarding which of our web pages you access, the frequency of such access, and your product and service preferences) may be collected by Fabrix itself, or by our service providers. This may be accomplished by using cookies, Web beacons, page tags or similar tools that are set when you visit our website. Web surfing data and similar information may be shared internally within Fabrix and used: for administrative purposes; to assess the usage, value and performance of our online products and services; to improve your experience with our websites; and as otherwise permitted by applicable law or regulation. If you are a Fabrix, Inc. client, this information helps us suggest products or service offerings that may be of interest to you. This information may be processed by us for the purposes described above, or on our behalf by third parties, solely in accordance with our instructions.